Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Jerry Gives Garrett The Dallas Cowboys Reins!!

Hello Cowboy fans, or just anyone who stumbles across my blog, as you can tell from my post I forget I have a blog every once and a while. Hahahaha. Anyways, I wanted to write about my opinion of the firing of Wade Phillips and promotion of Jason Garrett.
It was only a matter of time before Wade was fired, yes in past years Wade was a great 3-4 play caller, however, for whatever reason the players couldn't execute, weren't performing, and didn't give all they had. All along while watching the Cowboys struggle through training camp, preseason, and finally onto the regular season, I wondered how long it would take for players to lose their jobs. Of course I'm not there at practice, to see if anyone could possible replace the starters, but I would at least liked to give it a shot. Finally Jerry Jones, our beloved GM and owner, answered the call, and added one more person to the unemployment list. And now with Jason Garrett taking over he'll lead the Cowboys to go 9-7, make the playoffs as a wild card team, Garrett will lead us on the road all the way to the Super Bowl, at home once again we'll win the Super Bowl, and Jason Garrett will be known as a hero! But before Dallas can accomplish any of those feats, they will first have to get past the New York Giants. From what I've been reading, and the reports coming out of Dallas, Garrett has already started changing things and making a statement. From practicing with pads to just having meetings and practice earlier from now on. Garrett is instilling a since of order. I hope to see the players disciplined for consistent mistakes in the future. And No! I'm not talking about doing 50 push ups on National Television for dropping a ball, I mean being benched! Benching a player works! Last year after Kansas City recovered Patrick Crayton's muffed punt, he lost his special teams duty's after the Cowboys signed a new CB/PR. The new guy gets hurt which forced the coaches to put Crayton back in, and low and behold Crayton had 2 punt returns go for TDs, the first 2 in his career. My point is if a player is benched their pride is hurt, and they push harder to get back on the field and show they can play. I think Jerry made the right move, about 2 weeks to late, now the Dallas Cowboys just playing for the draft. Which leads to the question will Jerry or Garrett make the Cowboys first pick in the draft?

No comments: